The ICC Global Cricket Academy (ICC GCA) is an important focal point for international cricketing excellence and education.
Situated in Dubai Sports City, Dubai, its location places it in the centre of the cricket-playing world. It provides a unique environment for coaching, game education and training in outstanding facilities and expertise.
It offers the opportunity to players, coaches, umpires, curators and administrators from across the ICC's 104 Member Countries to benefit from programs and courses. In addition:
- Local, regional and international teams will gain competitive experience during tournaments on the immaculate grounds
- Elite umpires will undertake scientific review of decisions to improve performance
- Top coaches will benefit from exceptional support and educational opportunities
- Curators will exchange ideas and share expertise
- Administrators will be inspired to raise standards throughout the world, and
- Local junior and senior cricketers will have the opportunity to participate in GCA programs in order to learn from the game's elite.
A team of experienced coaches led by the internationally renowned ICC GCA Head Coach, Mudassar Nazar, delivers a multi dimensional program of cricket coaching and education.
An integrated technology suite comprising digital data capture, video and digital analysis provides real-time playback, bringing a new dimension to the review of the technique of players and officials.
Turf and indoor pitches replicate the varying playing surfaces found in cricketing nations around the world. This provides a unique opportunity for international teams to prepare for matches in a range of conditions.
Exceptional strength and conditioning, sports science and sports medicine facilities will be available to allow players and specialist team staff to assist in fitness injury prevention and rehabilitation programs.
The ICC Global Cricket Academy creates the environment with residences on site, of a vibrant and integrated cricket community.
The ICC Global Cricket Academy acts as a tool to complement the ICC vision to develop as a global sport. It will motivate and inspire cricket lovers of every age, gender and background and build bridges between continents, countries and communities.